Sunday, May 10, 2009

personal reflection:portrait

Self Portrait- Ikey Chafkin,2009- American

In my self portrait I tryed to capture the two different sides of me. The red side of my face represent my hot headedness, my cockiness and also my competative nature. The light side shows how I am a colected person and also shy sometimes.
This was a difficult painting at many times. I had trouble making a color to light or two dark like with my blue eye the dark blue makes me look elderly. The lines on my dress shirt where also difficult, because i had to make the lines at different angles to show how my shirt is positioned on my body. and over just shadding on the red side of the face.
In the picture I would have liked to spend a little more time on it. i also think that the red side of my face there is not a lot of visible lines to distinguishe my cheeks and the rest of my body like on the blue side. Overall though I think the painting turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment